First Time Buyer Mortgages
FIRST TIME BUYER MORTGAGES IN SHEFFIELD By Malcolm Davidson
– EXPERIENCED MORTGAGE BROKER –
More and more First Time Buyers are now getting on the property ladder!
I receive lots of enquiries on a daily basis from First Time Buyers who are looking for help and guidance with the whole house buying and mortgage process and would like to find the most competitive mortgage deal available to them.
I am an Experienced Mortgage Advisor therefore I can search 1000’s of First Time Buyer Mortgages and recommend the most suitable one based on a customers personal situation.
Want to ask me a QUESTION about First Time Buyer Mortgages…?
or got a COMPLICATED situation…???
( Call / E-mail or Text Me )
First Time Buyer Mortgage Scenarios:
- Are you looking to get on the property ladder in the next few months and wanting an idea of how much you can borrow?
- Are you also wanting an idea of how much your mortgage will cost per month?
- Have you seen a house you like and wanting to make an offer with the Estate Agent?
- Have you already had your offer accepted and wanting to start the ball rolling your mortgage application?
- Are you viewing houses and wanting a Mortgage Agreement in Principle to back up any offers you make in the near future?
- Have you been refused a mortgage by your bank? i.e. failed credit score, they won’t led enough, don’t fit their lending criteria etc
- Have you got an unusual or complex situation and are wanting mortgage help?
As part of my mortgage review for first time buyers we can look at:
- Working out your monthly budget based on your property price
- We will produce a Mortgage Agreement in Principle so you are able to back up any offers you make with the Estate Agent
- Complete your mortgage application through to getting you a mortgage offer
- Explain the different types of property survey that are available to you
- Recommend a local competitively priced Solicitor with high service standards if required
- Run through your mortgage offer to ensure all the details are correct
- I am able to recommend any associated mortgage insurances
Often, clients who call have had difficulty one way or another with their bank or other high street mortgage lender. This can be down to many reasons:
- Type of property being purchased
- Your income structure and employment type i.e. self employed
- Buying off or with a family member
- Buying under value
- Bank won’t lend enough
- Buying off your landlord
If this is the case, it is important that you DO NOT keep trying lots of other lenders without being 100% sure of their strict lending criteria as this will have a negative impact on your credit score and may well harm your chances of getting a mortgage altogether.
As a Professional Mortgage Broker I am able to use my experience and knowledge to place your application with the most suitable mortgage lender based on your personal situation.
Got a COMPLICATED Situation – I aim to be right first time!
Deposit – If you currently have a 5% deposit then we can see if you qualify for the Governments Help to Buy Scheme. If you have a larger deposit i.e. 10% or greater then you will have more mortgage options and much better first time buyers mortgages available to you.
Currently Renting? – For first time buyers who are currently renting a property looking at mortgage figures can be very surprising. In many cases the new mortgage payment can be very similar in price to their current rent payment which on a similar price property they would see a very low increase in monthly expenditure.
Also, have you thought of buying your rented property off your Landlord? This can be much easier if you are settled in your home and you can agree a price with the Landlord.
It is a very exciting time for First Time Buyers in Sheffield and the introduction of the Governments Help to Buy Scheme making 95% mortgages more available has resulted in property prices slowly increasing.
In Sheffield we are very lucky as we have lots of affordable housing available to first time buyers in good popular areas unlike lots of southern cities. These ideal first time buyer homes being snapped up fast and asking prices are creeping higher, something I believe will continue for several years.
In some of the more popular areas in and around Sheffield demand for popular houses is more than supply therefore it can be hard to secure your property.
This is where using an Experienced Mortgage Broker like me will highly beneficial for you.
I can save you time and money! We can work fast ensuring you secure your property ahead of others relying on the slower service of their Bank.
First Time Buyer Mortgage Advice by Malcolm Davidson,
Mortgage Broker in Sheffield
( Call / E-mail / Text Me )